Will Potter: The shocking move to #criminalize nonviolent #protest #TED : http://on.ted.com/t07vN
Not always. Because of
1.Herd mentality – rubbish things getting hoardes all excited.
2. Or that the people who buy in are not thinking properly
3. Because they have been conditioned to tolerate, and enjoy rubbish
4. When they could be utilising their mental energies into something useful
5. To causes that will make the world a better place.
6. Nothing wrong with fame. Or enjoyment – whatever works for you.
7. But the question is fame at what expense?
The caption at the end is particularly touching:
“I don’t have family in Palestine nor am I from Palestine. I’m Egyptian but every human that dies in Palestine is like my brother and my sister
We pray together for the lives lost
We should not HOPE but WORK as people to achieve long lasting peace on all sides…”
See my article titled ‘Protest for Gaza protest for sanity‘ and compare how similar my views are to those outlined in the article above.
This article titled “Porn-Agains: meet the middle-aged men – and women – warped by internet porn” on the Spectator is hilarious!
This is from 3 years ago, but is interesting and relevant to the current state of Capitalism http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/the-new-let-them-eat-cake-20110713